6/27/2016

El Diablo Run 2017 Dates

Here's the schedule:

Friday, May 12:
Tacos and beer upon arrival in San Felipe

Saturday, May 13:
4-5ish: yard games
5-6pm: open practice for circle of death, all classes
6:16-6:45: rigid class motos and finals

Sunday, May 14:
3-4: open practice for circle of death
4:00-4:30: bike show prize presentation
4:30 to 5ish: circle of death swingarm class motos and finals
6ish: cocatagon

Monday, May 15:
Split lanes and take names all the way home

Notes:
We are working on updating all details on this site, but here's the basics:

• The EDR will be three nights in San Felipe this time. No Ensenada leg. This will make things simpler and allow more time for relaxing on the beach, riding excursions, etc.

• We will not be leading a ride from Temecula this time. Plan your own route and we'll see you Friday when you make it to camp.

• See schedule above for things like yard games, Coctagon, Circle of Death, etc.

• Yes, we realize this weekend is Mother's Day. It's the only weekend available, so take momma to lunch the weekend before or bring her along!

• Camping will be free in Ruben's Camp and on the beach for the entire time. We will have more info on booking alternative camping in neighboring palapas and hotels later in the summer.

• We will put out the word when we are ready to talk about sponsorships. It'll be simple, cheap and grass roots like always. Please email mcgoo@biltwellinc.com if you are interested and he'll get back to you once we confirm the details

• Stay tuned to this blog for more info as it develops.

• Get that hunk of shit you call a chopper finished and ready to roll, you've got almost a year to prep!



23 comments:

Unknown said...

So there is no 'run' in the 2017 El Diablo Run, other than getting to the 3-day campsite? Will the name change? I thought the run aspect was key to being not like Sturgis or Laconia, etc. Is the longer term goal to become a large, annual destination type 'rally'? Just wondered.

Kook said...

Seems like they are trying to keep it more grassroots. Cutting the hectic schedule allows relaxation, hanging out, tacos, poor beer. It's still a run; you "RUN" your beater bike, not die, have fun, hang out, eat tacos and enjoy the slow pace of the area. I wouldn't knock it, just go and enjoy the slower pace. It's not the Gumball run. #kosovojoe

Neil Zarama said...

Was looking forward to riding from SF to SoCal and meeting up with the freaks to roll from SoCal to San Felipe. Riding solo sucks! Still going though!

Unknown said...

well just so happens im riding from San Jose!! lets get a caravan together... Email me anyone from Cali at wo.ogmm@gmail.com we can get all organized on pickups to the unofficial group at Temeculula Ca

mrtenochqe said...

I'm coming from Chicago. I was wondering if I can meet up with someone and ride to San Felipe.

Unknown said...

Will I get ousted if I ride a latemodel? Ill be riding in from fl on a 48.

Unknown said...

Will I get ousted if I ride a latemodel? Ill be riding in from fl on a 48.

Anonymous said...

I'll be riding from San Jacinto ca to temecula if anyone wants to meet and then ride down there Facebook carlos mf

Dave Stinson said...

I think that I will wait until they reinstate the old route. What a bummer!

Phoenix Kristan said...

Are you riding from Chicago? Thinkin of riding from Milwaukee if my schedule works out. Hit me up Tugboatdad@gmail.com

Scott DeMoss, Realtor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Riding out of NJ. Would like to ride with a crew, anyone wanting to hook up contact: streetsniper@optimum.net

BoBo Jufat said...

Jesus people, organize your own ride/run down there and make it happen. DIY. It is totally worth it. And if for some crazy reason, you're not happy with the destination and overall vibe... you can always take it about 10 feet down the beach and party all night! Oh'yeah... See you there.

bananagunner said...

Partying at a friends bar in Ehrenberg, AZ then riding down on the 12th. Hit me up if you wanna ride with. bananagunner@gmail.com

Unknown said...

We'll be ridding out from Parker AZ. any one who wants to join us ridding on the AZ side is more then welcome.. See you y'all there!!

Unknown said...

Know a few riding from SF

Chris Wood said...

Our group won't be doing the long ride through Julian this year. We are taking straight freeway to get their. Leaving from menifee/Hemet area.

The Triky Raptr said...

I want to go I don't own a old bike I have a 07 yamaha vstar 650 if I go I'm riding from Bellflower ca. This is my email address yvon1070@yahoo.if anybody else wants to ride with me let me know

The Triky Raptr said...

I'm down to ride from San felipe to enzenada

Anonymous said...

Going from Nebraska to Yuma, AZ and then on to San Felipe :)~

Anonymous said...

Any one from tx making the trip?

Anonymous said...

I'm from Houston, trying to get my scoot ready for this ride, email me:

enrike_6@hotmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.