2/20/2011

EDR Gear Guide: Machetes

You can't take firearms to Mexico, and only an idiot would try. You can take a machete, however, and Billdozer does so by wrapping his in a blanket or bedroll strapped to the fork or fender. I'm a fan of the Ghurka warrior style machete, and this weapons website for D&D nerds has a pretty nice selection. I'm going to buy this one because it looks like something Genghis Khan would carry to a Mexican sex club to keep the talent in check. Ah, the good old days…

6 comments:

gogo said...

it would definitely be worth it to spring for a nicer one... like this gerber. that crappy one might just fall apart on you.

http://www.gerbergear.com/index.php/product/id/376

deadly0001 said...

I wouldn't if i was you. It is illegal to possess knives, much less a machete. wouldn't advise it.

Time To Fly said...

Don't know about everyone else but if I can't carry a gun then I will have at least one knife with me.

TC said...

Tomahawk!

Bill said...

Machetes are like shovels down there. I wouldn't wear it on your belt, but I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for one. See what you started McGoo!?

Marcos said...

I'm riding down to Tijuana and then to Rosarito today. Passing through some shady parts of TJ and I knew I wasn't the first joker to think of bringing a machete! Thanks for the blog! How was the ride? I want to make one similar to that but wasn't sure about destination.